It is my distinct honor, pleasure, and privilege to welcome you to the
website of the Capital District Alumni Chapter – designated as Mu Iota
Sigma – of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. Since 1980, we have focused our
collective talents and abilities on making contributions to improve the
quality of life in the Capital District through service and mentorship. The
gentlemen of the Capital District Alumni Chapter are committed to modeling
our Fraternity Motto – “Culture for Service and Service for Humanity” –
which is the expression of the deeply held conviction of our Founders, Hon. Brothers. A. Langston Taylor, Leonard F. Morse and Charles I. Brown, three men who conceived Phi Beta Sigma as an inclusive and progressive vehicle through which its members' talents, skills, and abilities would be used to serve the communities in which they lived and worked.
Included among our initiatives are:
- Capital District Sigma Beta Club, which is focused on the development of young men aged 8 to 17 into effective leaders
- Partnership with the March of Dimes – March for Babies
- Sigma Sleep-Out - Brothers and supporters sleep outdoors overnight each year to raise money for the homeless and other marginalized communities
- Partnership with the American Cancer Society – Breast Cancer Walk
- Annual Sigma Fit-a-thon to fund swimming lessons for urban children through the YMCA's H. Danston Davis Swim Initiative.
Thank you for spending time on our website.
Should you need additional information, or wish to contact us, please e-
Bro. Ekow King
President – Mu Iota Sigma Chapter
Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.